Case Study | Software Defined Print
SoftwareDefinedPrint.com is a Web to print service provider that specializes in providing an Ecommerce Platform For The Print & Personalization Industry.
SoftwareDefinedPrint came to us with a one liner statement of work. “We would like to reduce the print ordering lifecycle from 5 days to 30 mins”, this was the shortest SOW we had ever seen.
Drawing upon their years of experience working in the print industry, they were looking for an effective way to automate the print ordering process online. Since the print industry relies on manual processes to capture data and artwork, SDP wanted to automate and create a next generation web2print application which can then be licensed to other print providers.
From the start it was clear such an ambitious idea required a non-trivial synergy of innovative development practices and a strong blend of technical artistry, after several discussions with stakeholders, HST Solutions adopted a systematic and agile approach to address the client’s challenges. We worked closely with the SDP team to gather, consolidate and document all the requirements. Our solution comprised the following key elements:
- A rock solid multi-tenant ecommerce platform with multi language and multi-currency support.
- HTML5 based artwork designer engine with touch support.
- RGB to CMYK color converter.
- Self-service ecommerce website creation with lights off automation approach.
- Interactive Pricing Calculator with Large format, digital and offset support.
- Automated preflight checker for 6 different file types (Tif, jpg, png, gif, psd, pdf).
- Real-time job tracking and estimating.
- And 120 + additional features.
SDP Web2Print is one of the most complete web-to-print solutions within its price class, providing many features their competitors do not offer, Today SDP web-to-print powers some of the most advanced, cloud-based websites, stores and portals for commercial printers and print brokers.
Looking for something specific?
You want it, we’ve done it!